Monday, June 14, 2010

Slacking for a Good Reason

Hello all!

I totally missed posting on Scripture Saturday. I didn't forget, I just didn't manage to cram it into my day.

My sister's baby shower was in the morning. I thought I'd post before that, but in the morning I realized I hadn't gotten my clothes ready, I hadn't wrapped her present.... Anyhoo, I got out the door on time - just with no post.

A good time was had by all at the shower. I saw a lot of family that I hadn't seen in a long time, so that was awesome. My sister (who is totally opposite in appearance to me - tall, skinny, and blonde) is possibly the tiniest pregnant person I have ever seen. She is due in 3 weeks and her waist size is still probably what mine was in 5th grade. Whatever. Still, can't wait to meet little Daisy!

Then, two hours after the shower ended, my husband and I were to attend my aunt's wedding. I thought I'd post between those events. Wrong again. I hadn't counted on the day being so hot and humid. Sooooo, I had to change my outfit between events, which I hadn't been planning on. Throwing all the clothes out of my closet (otherwise known as picking another dressy outfit), all while trying to have a fan pointed directly at me, took some time.

Then I had to iron my husband's clothes, after telling him to "watch the time" as he was still working in the garden 45 minutes before we had to leave. After him saying "For what?" and me almost killing him, he began to get ready.

Then, I had to do my hair. In the hot, humid house. In the hot, steamy, post-my-husband-taking-a-shower bathroom. Right. My hair was frizzing and sticking to everything except the style I wanted it in. I finally got it in just the right high ponytail I wanted and went to put the hair band in when the hair band snapped in half and went flying, leaving me with hair rapidly falling out of the perfect position I had it in and sticking itself to my neck...and my face...and my arm. To which my loving husband said, "Umm, your hair thingy is in the bathtub."

Good thing looks don't actually kill because I would be a widow.

Long story, short - I did my hair in the air conditioned car on the way to the wedding.

The (air conditioned) wedding was lovely. I'm very happy for my aunt who got married. And I saw even more family, which was great.

So, while I sort of felt bad for missing Scripture Saturday, it was all in the name of spending time with family and celebrating some of the most wonderful moments in life there are.

Except for those minutes I spent almost killing my husband. But we won't talk about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment