Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One of My Goals

By nature, I am a worrier. If I let myself, I would worry about everything - my family, money, what we're going to have for dinner, etc.

But, as I began to read the bible years ago, I kept stumbling on passages telling me not to worry, to not be anxious. So, I resolved, as part of my quest to be more like God has called me to be, to not worry. Most the time I do a fairly good job at keeping my worrying nature at bay. But occasionally I feel that worrying nature creep back in.

So, one of my goals is to kick worry to the curb for good. And I thought I would share one of the scriptures that is helping me do that (you know, just in case I'm not the only one with this problem). I really like Matthew 6:27: "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" I love this scripture because it reminds me that worrying is not helpful. I don't gain anything by it except an annoying teeth grinding habit when I'm sleeping.

Whenever I find myself worrying, I try to bring this scripture to mind. I'm not adding to my life by worrying; I'm not gaining anything positive by stressing over things. Let go, and let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment