My Version of Lone Star Rice
Adapted from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes
2 cups water
2 bouillon cubes (chicken or beef, depending on your menu)
1 cup uncooked parboiled rice (really important - other types of rices did not work!)
1 tbs. olive oil
1/3 cup diced white onion
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Bring the water and bouillon cubes to a boil over high heat in a medium sized saucepan.
2. Add the rice to the liquid and cover the pan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. When there is 10 minutes left in the rice's cooking time, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot, add the onion to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions are a golden brown.
5. When the rice is done, add it to the skillet with the onion. Add the chili powder and salt. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.