Saturday, June 5, 2010

Scripture Saturday - Proverbs 31:11-12

Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. - Proverbs 31:11-12 (NIV)

She brings him good, not harm, ALL the days of her life. Every single one. Even the ones when she's tired and cranky from a long day at work. Even the ones when the house is a mess and it doesn't seem like he did much to help make it otherwise.

This is one I struggle with (and my husband knows it!). ALL the days. I can be nice all day long at work, even on difficult phone calls or in dealing with difficult people. But when I come home? It's like I know my husband loves me, so I can feel free to let loose on him. Because doesn't he know that I had a rough day? Doesn't he know that I've had to be nice and pleasant all day long when sometimes I didn't want to be? Wasn't I just really nice to him yesterday?

I want to get to the point where my husband has full confidence that I will bring him good ALL the days of my life. Why should I be nice and pleasant and bring good to people I deal with at work and not be nice and pleasant and bring good to my husband, who I love and made a lifelong commitment to?

Lord, help me to remember your word that I may bring my husband good and not harm all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment