Friday, June 11, 2010

I Suffer From CTDL Disorder


That's right. I suffer from Compulsive-To-Do-Listing Disorder. I make a to do list for EVERYTHING. In fact, I'm so into to do lists, some of my to do lists have sub-to-do lists. Love them!! They can be so gratifying. Being able to check things off, cross them out, whatever your pleasure is - so wonderful! I love it so much that sometimes I put stuff I've already done on the to do list, just so I can cross it off. Instant gratification!!

I have to do lists on paper and Post-its. I have to do lists on my iPhone. I have to do lists that I've e-mailed to myself. I have digital to do lists in Microsoft Outlook. Is there a To-Do-Listers Anonymous? If so, my name is Vanessa and I'm a To-Do-Lister.

But to do lists aren't just about the gratification. They also keep my organized - which is their more important function. I'm the queen of to do lists at work - because if I didn't have them I would be highly disorganized and tons of stuff would fall through the cracks. Part of my job is keeping others organized - to do so I have to have my own stuff together! Microsoft Outlook is my best friend at work! If you have the program and you haven't explored the Task function yet, I would highly recommend it. It's effective for work, but would also be great for keeping organized at home.

If you don't use to do lists and often find yourself losing track of tasks, I would recommend giving them a try. Find a way that would be best for you - some find to do lists scrawled on envelope backs totally effective; others love some electronic format on their computer or phone. My guess is, once you find a way that works for you, you won't turn back from to-do-listing.

I'll see you at the TDL Anonymous meeting.

(By the way, I am in no way affiliated with or paid by Microsoft. I'm guessing they don't know that I even exist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment