Saturday, June 19, 2010

Scripture Saturday - Proverbs 31:13

She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. - Proverbs 31:13

Willingly. The NIV version of the bible says "eagerly".

Unfortunately for me, it does not say she "procrastinateth" or she "sitteth on her behind after working for eight hours" or she "worketh begrudgingly, muttering about all the tasks there are to doeth".

Darn.

She works willingly or eagerly with her hands. This is an important distinction to keep in mind. It's probably much more pleasant for my husband and my family when I'm in a good mood while I'm cleaning and working in my home. It's probably not so pleasant when I'm ticked off or resentful about having to clean and work in my home.

And, you know what - it's much more pleasant for me when I'm in a good mood too. When I'm grumpy about what I'm doing, when I'm finished I don't feel the same sense of accomplishment and contentment that I do when I go about my day cheerfully and willingly. I could do laundry one day grumpy and then do the same amount of laundry another day cheerfully, and it makes a difference in how I feel before, during, and at the end of the day.

I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm tempted to take care of my home in a not-so-eager way.

No comments:

Post a Comment