Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Is it Soup Time Yet?

Okay, I know it's still August, and it's hot and humid but....I miss soup. I love soup. So warm and comforting. So many different varieties.

In honor of my love of soup and the fact that soup season can't come soon enough, I thought I'd share a slow cooker soup that even my husband (who refuses to consider soup a main course) loved. I also love that the longer cook time means that it can cook while I'm at work plus a little bit afterwards so I don't have to worry about dealing with it first thing when I get home.

Brown Jug Soup
Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes (Fix-It and Forget-It Series)






1 (10 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 qt. water
2 cups diced onions
4 cups diced potatoes
2 cups diced carrots
1 (10 oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn
1 (10 oz.) package frozen green beans
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed

1. Combine all ingredients except cheese in 4-5 qt. slow cooker.

2. Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours or until vegetables are tender.

3. Just before serving, add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.

Please check out my Link Page to see all the wonderful blogs I'll be linking with.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really good and super easy to make! I'm gonna try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup too! Can't wait til it's soup weather!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete