There are lots of improvements I've been wanting to make on the house we live in, some of which you've seen.
One of the changes I've been yearning to tackle is the appearance of our house numbers. The existing set up was fairly ugly:
(There were brass numbers on there, but I got excited and jumped the gun on taking them off before I took the picture. I really need to work on that).
I really like how the wooden plaque broke at the bottom and they just repainted it. Classic.
So, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do....total mental block...until I saw Amanda at Hand Me Down House's brilliant address planter idea. SO CUTE!!
I did have to modify the idea - our numbers have to be hung on the house plus our house is really close to the street, so having two sets of numbers within 5 feet of each other seemed like overkill.
I took the existing plaque down - and there was much rejoicing!!! By me, anyway.
Then I attached the numbers that were on the plaque to a decorative holder that some flowers had been delivered in. My husband purchased some impatiens (he's the green thumb in the family. Vanessa = plant death) and repotted them into a container that would fit in the holder.
Then, because I don't do well with power tools - yet- and he didn't want holes and nicks all over the brick, Mr. 31 hung the planter using two heavy duty L-brackets and some bolts.
Now my house numbers are not an embarrassment!!
Big shout out to Amanda!! Without your creativity I would still be looking at the broken plaque!