Today is my brother-in-law, The Padawan's, birthday. He is twelve years old.
In honor of his twelfth birthday, here are twelve reasons why I love The Padawan:
12. Because he very patiently explains things like Ninjago and the Marvel Universe to his clueless sister-in-law (that would be me).
11. Because he loves sports and is fun to watch football games with because he knows all the players and their stats.
10. Because he can take a foul during a basketball game like no other. Then he gets up with a big smile on his face and helps up the guy who just creamed him.
9. Because he adds "Cha Cha Cha - Charmin ULTRA!" after every time he sings Happy Birthday to someone. I have no idea where it came from, but you have to respect his dedication.
8. Because he is kind to our puppy, Bailey, who weighs more than him and plays with him tirelessly. The Padawan even watched over the dog the day Bailey was sick and Mr. 31 and I had to go to work.
7. Because he really gets into singing along with the radio.
6. Because he is respectful and well behaved.
5. Because, even at 12, he's not embarrassed to give us big hugs and tell us when he misses us.
4. Because he has the ability to make a friend out of anyone. It has happened more than once that he is talking and laughing and playing with another child at a store or the park and later, when we ask him where he knew the kid from, he says, "I didn't know them."
3. Because he is compassionate and caring to humans and animals alike.
2. Because he is sweet and kind to the point that he doesn't even want to beat anyone at a board game.
1. Because he loves the Lord and desires to walk in His ways. And he does a SUPER job at it!
HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY!!! Cha Cha Cha - Charmin ULTRA!!